"I started designing DINO during a time when fast-fashion didn't yet have a name. The wear-and-toss mindset was emerging, as mass consumption took the craft out of making. Sustainability was a buzz-word that felt distant and scientific. And fashion was more about looking good, and less about doing good.."
- Suzanne Rijneveld, Founder & Owner
It's become crystal clear to me through the years of doing DINO, that we have the power to make change. We have the power to change the direction of all of the products we consume, and the only direction we were willing to take when designing DINO, is circular. Whether it's food or fashion, someone, somewhere has to digest the waste. And, while consuming clothing, we have the option to choose fast-fashion or slow-cooked. As a maker, and consumer, it all starts with us.
What makes us circular?
1. We use earth-friendly fabrics made of fiber extracted from the Beech Tree, making our fabrics biodegradable.
2. We never us petroleum-based synthetic fibers, like polyester, even if they are recycled. Plastic is plastic, and the earth CANNOT digest it.
3. Our entire supply chain - from fabrics to finished product - is local, reducing our carbon footprint by limiting transportation pollution.
4. We work with small family owned-and-operated factories, bringing jobs to our local economy.
5. We are small-batch manufacturers. We make what we sell and we sell what we make, which means there is little to no excess in materials or finished product.